Friday 25 July 2014

5th Layout with the June Scraptastic Kit - Ruff Talk - 12 X 12 layout

And it's Friday !  Yay, double yay!  Oh wait, I am on vacation LOL, and loving every minute of it.  I am halfway through so still plenty of fun days left :) :).  Hope you are all having an amazing day !

Just popping in with a quick layout share today.


The background work:  I have been admiring the background stamping that Nancy Sinclair (Kittyscrapper on You Tube) does - she uses roller stamps, a couple of different ones, different colours of ink and some mist; and it always looks amazing as well as adding some fun texture without bulk.  So I decided to try a version of the same.  I don't have any roller stamps so I did some regular stamping with a background stamp that is just straight lines, but I stamped in all sorts of different directions (the criss-cross lines above).  Then on top of that I used a Time Holtz stencil and the new little round inking tool (looooove); and finally, I splattered with some Tattered Angels Italian Sunset Glimmer Mist.  I am quite proud of how this turned out.  What do you think? 

All of the supplies came from the Scraptastic Best Day in My Life kit with a couple of the leftovers from the May kit (that Capture wood veneer and the cork stars).  I also used a 3 X 4 card from the Simple Stories Dog collection (the copper and cream polka dots on either side of the photo).

The story :  My l'il sister and I live about an hour or so away from each other so we can't just pop in for a visit!  Neither one of us likes talking on the phone.  But we both enjoy Skype - it is like a visit.  We organise a little cocktail hour together, or share our Sunday morning coffee over Skype.  I always joke and ask to speak to Oliver, their Golden Retriever (well actually, I think of him as a family pet LOL).  Generally, whenever he hears my voice, he runs to the window, thinking that I am arriving.  But on this particular day, HE GOT IT !!! LOL.  My BBIL captured it on camera for me.  I just had to scrap it :)

As always, thanks for taking the time to visit.  I would love to read your comments  and if you feel like, hit the "Follow me on bloglovin' " button in the RH side-bar.

Have a lovely and sunny weekend everyone. Hugs xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love this layout! And the picture/story so cute Moira. Such fun that you have a picture to scrap of it. There are so many moments I wish I had pictures of, that I am always glad when I do get one of special moments. They are so fleeting sometimes. Sorry I have not done that other video yet. I thought I had my internet fixed last weekend, but it was not really. It was like dial-up, it was awful. It finally seems better the last couple days, so hopefully I will have a worry free weekend and can up-load something. I am going to give it a try. I will PM you when it is uploaded. Looking forward to your videos my friend! ~ Roni

    ReplyDelete