As many of you already know, I have a grueling work schedule from mid-December to mid-January - Christmas and New Year's is our busiest time of the year. So no posting. But I did quite a bit of scrapbooking anyway - often in 15 or 20 minute increments when I got home, or just before bed. It is my sanity-saver and I also make a lot of Christmas presents. I won't go back and post any of those layouts since I pretty much put them up on our various Facebook pages so you have probably seen them. I was also honoured to be asked to be the Scraptastic member spotlight for December (see their blog on the 31st of December).
The main point to today's blog post is to set out my scrappy goals for 2015, explain them a little, challenge myself (and you if you so choose LOL) to stretch my creative limits a bit, to think outside the box and generally to have lots of fun this year in my scrap room (I know, I know some people are under the impression that it's my dining room - go figure!!!).
But, just before I get to that main point, here are a couple of my most recent layouts :
On to the goals :
The numbers : I want to make 150 layouts this year, which translates to a little over 12 per month. But, since I mentioned that I wanted to stretch my creative limits a little this year, they won't all be 12 X 12. Within that 150, I want to make:
- At least 12 pocketed page 12 X 12 layouts as inserts into my normal 12 X 12 album. I am not ready to jump on the "Project Life" bandwagon just yet, and frankly I don't think I have enough going on in my life to warrant it LOL, but I do want to get at least one spread a month done to document some of the everyday, but in particular what I read, the tennis I watch, the netflix movies or series I watch... None of these warrant 12X12 pages but I want them documented.
- I also want to try my hand at some 8½ X 11 pages, at least one a month. Rory Vaillancourt, one of the Scraptastic DT members (kateroar on YouTube) scraps mainly in that format; her layouts, and videos, are awesome and inspiring.
The product: As you know, I joined Scraptastic last May and I love, love, love it!!! I tried many ways of using the kit for the first few months and bought sometimes only a main, sometimes a main with a few extra bits, sometimes a main plus the add-on. I sometimes added from my stash, other times not. In late summer, I found the formula that worked for me (I did blog about it here : http://lifescrapsbymoira.blogspot.ca/2014/08/did-i-kill-june-scraptastic-kit-and.html ). My strategy for this year is :
- I will buy a main kit plus an add-on every month, with the occasional additional flair, wood veneer, or the new acrylics. I will also prepare a small add-on from my stash and then I will scrap away. That brings me to
- victoria marie facebook group
- scraptastic member forum
- Do the nicolejones911 challenge every month
- Do at least one of the Victora Marie FB group challenges every week (if I can do both, yay me)
- do as many of the challenges run by my friends Ronisuescrapper, Megan and Jennifer as I can (at least two a month)
- participate in as many of the challenges as I can issued by my favourite You Tubers
- Do the sketch challenge and the Pinterest challenge posted on the Scraptastic blog, as a minimum from their blog.