Back to a 12 X 12 layout today, and another one about our puppy Oliver:
Don't you just love that paw hanging out the side of the bed. LOL ... That is one deep sleeping puppy. If you follow my instagram account (mooreilly), this was the second of two photos (just the photo, no layout :) ) I posted on Valentine's day weekend.
The first photo was of Oliver with quite the scowl - he is normally a very smily puppy, but at minus 30 degrees, even he wanted to go back indoors :
The caption read : "OK human, I've done my business - get me the heck back indoors; it's minus a gazillion out here!" He really does look annoyed don't you think LOL. Unfortunately the photo quality is not great. I will put it in my February pocketed page but did not make a layout with this photo.
The caption with the photo that I did scrap was : "Good human! this is more like it!" LOL
About the layout:
- I have been enjoying pops of black on my layouts lately. That is quite new to me, as it is not a colour I used at all. In fact, I did not own any black cardstock but will remedy that fact soon :). I find it adds depth to my pages and makes the other, brighter colours pop even more.
- I have been using die-cuts, stickers, or vellum pieces on the last two or three layouts as part of the title, as a sub-title, or in this case, as the journaling. I am getting along so much better lately with vellum and this pack of Maggie Holmes die-cuts pieces is pretty much done and dusted. Yay !!
- Everything on this page comes from my mega-kit, put together from the October and January Scraptastic kits and add-ons. The exception are few : the arrow washi tape is from my stash and I also pulled some Studio Calico Wood veneer from my stash.
- I had a piece of the "crimped" pattern paper left from my previous layout and tucked it in under the photo block.
- I did not do any misting, or splattering on this layout. It called for black India Ink but I don't have any LOL. Simple misting would not do so I chose to just leave it for now. As soon as I buy some India Ink, I will go back and add a couple of splatters.