Friday 25 April 2014

Taking it all in - a 12 X 12 scrapbook layout

Hi all and happy Friday.  I finished early today, the sun is shining and the temperatures are trying to climb slightly, ever soooo slightly LOL.  Hope you all had a lovely Easter and that the short work week was a welcome one.

I just wanted to pop in and share a layout I made last weekend, just after I completed my layout in response to Ellen's 300 subbie challenge (see previous post).  I actually used the same basic page structure - one which I am really liking lately :


I am loving also the corals lately (thanks to Nancy, aka Kitty scrapper LOL) but decided to add a pop of blue with the corals on this page.  I really like the outcome - a colour combo to repeat I think.  Here is a close-up of the top cluster :


There was a time when almost every page I made had butterflies on it, in one form or another - either stamped, die-cut, as a sticker, chipboard piece or wood veneer.  But, for some reason, I  moved away from using them lately.  It was fun to get that stamp set and the dies back out.  Now that I look at the cluster, it could use a little bling don't you think? LOL.

The supplies :

  • The background is coral cardstock from the September 2013 Citrus Twist Kit as is the larger piece of patterned paper.  It is from the Hello Again collection by Carta Bella (Hello Chevron, more precisely).  For layering, I used the Dear Lizzy Daydreamer 6 X 6 pad from the March CT Project Life kit
  • The washi is from my stash
  • I used Pop Drops from  October Afternoon Daily Flash
  • The alphas are October Afternoon Sticky Keys in Honey and  Amy Tangerine Thickers in Ocean
  • Finally, I used Stampin' Up's Beautiful butterflies stamp set, Butterfly punches and the Sizzix Beautiful Wings Embosslits.
Well, there you have it.  All done for this page.  Getting close to Friday evening cocktail hour (it is 5 o'clock somewhere, is it not :) LOL ).  Have a great evening and I will be back tomorrow or Sunday morning with a layout in response to Sue's 500 subbie challenge (shiles728 on You Tube)


2 comments:

  1. Hi Moira. Yes, you are right, that is a really beautiful color combination. And that patterned paper from Carte Bella is one of my all time favorites. I think the quality of Carte Bella paper is unsurpassed by any other company. TFS with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sue. I agree Carta Bella paper is really a lovely texture and quality :). I chose my photos for your challenge this evening, after changing my mind about 10 times LOL. So that is the project for tomorrow. Have a great evening

      Delete