I am still on vacation until Friday, but this week is a bit of a transition week, getting ready for the return to work. It is also the Masters 1000 ATP Tennis tournament in Toronto and the WTA women's International tournament in Montreal, so a big tennis watching and cheering week. But I will definitely get some scrappy time in as well :). And, I have a ton of photos to get printed from the vacation!
This morning, I wanted to pop in and show you my 8th layout with the Best Day of my Life kit - a fun layout about our dog Oliver :
The story : Gord and June (members of my extended family) bought a house recently. The house had stood empty for a couple of months, so the grass in the backyard was almost knee high when my BIL Ron and Oliver got there to help Gord out the day he took possession.The yard is totally fenced in so we could leave Oliver off leash even though it was new surroundings for him. Well, he went crazy running and playing in the tall grass - it was so high, we could hardly see him LOL. When it was time for Ron to actually cut the grass (oh my what a job !!!!), Oliver went up on the deck to sit with Gord. If you look closely, you can seen that his paws are all green !!
The supplies: Everything on this layout came from the kit except a few very small items:
- I cut the yellow camera die cut at the top out of a piece from the Lemon Lush 6 X 6 paper pad
- The puffy stickers (the house on the bottom left and the balloons on the top right) came from the Amy Tangerine collection
- The little strip with the bones on the right hand side came from a 4 X 6 card in the SN@P dog set
- I am not sure if the flair is from this kit or a previous one, or maybe my Citrus Twist PL kit?
- the enamel dots could be from the kit or from my own add-on