I am bringing you the 14th and final layout done with my July Scraptastic Kit. I so loved playing with this kit and as you will see later in this post, I think I did it proud - there are litterally just some tiny scraps left. Here it is :
What I did that was new to me : I mixed upper and lower case letters in the word "travel" in the title and I love how it looks. I have seen many of you do this but never have - not for any specific reason, just because I didn't think of it or because I had all the letters I need in one case! But I think it certainly adds interest to the title and now I wish I had done the first part of the title that way as well. There is always a next time :) :)
The supplies: I was down to bits and pieces of patterned paper so I used vanilla cardstock as my background (something else I don't do very often but love the look of on this one). Everything is from the kit, with the following exceptions :
- The floral wood-grain paper is from the 6 X 6 Good day sunshine paper pad, from Simple Stories. I had that paper pad in my stash and since a lot of this paper was in the other main kit for July, I made it part of my stash add-on. The "Hello" die-cut also comes from that paper pad.
- The pink chipboard stars and camera are from Studio Calico Essentials
- The gold stickers are from Maggie Holmes and came in my June Citrus Twist PL kit
- I used Dear Lizzy Thickers for the word "will" in the title
- Finally, the bow was left over from the June kit.