I got a couple of layouts done - yay me! Since Tuesdae's challenge, I have been on a "scrapping my passions" kick and today's layout is no different. Another travel layout; this time I am taking you to Nazare in Portugal. It is a lovely little fishing village on the Atlantic coast and I spent a relaxing, sun and sand filled week there in February 2006 (still part of my year-long backpacking trip). I visited a few places in Portugal and loved most of them - Porto, Figueras da Foz, Tomar and Nazare. I didn't however enjoy the capital Lisbon quite as much (more about that in a future post LOL).
So, here is the layout :
The top photo is one I took just outside our little pensione; if you enlarge it you will notice that at the end of the street, you see just a touch of blue - blue ocean. The bottom photo is the beach at the end of the street. Hence the title "From here to there, ahh!"
Nazare was another discovery, it was not on the agenda. We went there on the recommendation of friends we met in Tomar and, I am so happy we did. It is a lovely, very traditional village. In parts of it, I swear time stood still since the 50's. All along the ocean front, there are old-fashioned nets strung here and there with fish drying in the sun. Many of the elderly ladies still dress in traditional garb. My one regret is that I did not get pictures of some of these lovely ladies. Since I did not speak enough of the language to converse freely with them, I was not able to ask their permission for a photo and, I felt it disrespectful to just take photos without asking.
The supplies :
- The background and layering patterned papers : My Mind's Eye (MME) The Sweetest Thing and Simple Stories Vintage Bliss. The heart paper is a 4 X 6 from the Citrus Twist April PL Kit as is the "Bliss" die cut (I fussy cut it from the 4 X 6).
- I used Mister Huey's custard mist on the doily
- I used all sorts of bits and pieces form my die cut bowl plus some stickers from Jillibean Soup's cold cucumber soup collection
- I used the DIY shop cork stickers. I was quite disappointed with these, they are so thin, that I actually broke, or tore, as many as I put on the layout :(
- The alphas : Lily Bee, Daily Flash Mason jar, and some very old Thickers from my stash
- The wood veneer are again from Studio Calico and I used Stampin' Up Baja Breeze ink on them.
- A few enamel dots from MME and rhinestones from Queen & Co. complete the page.