Ok, so now for the subject at hand. Do you know Tuesdae Hubbard on You Tube (you can find her here : https://www.youtube.com/user/thelonlaire/feed). She makes lovely pages and great process videos to accompany them. Her layouts are beautiful and colourful (well except for a little monochromatic stint recently, but she will tell you all about that on her channel) and I love her page designs. You really have to go on over there and check her out because she is also a super sweet gal and she is having a 500+ challenge (it is open until May 12th, so you still have time to participate).
The rules to Tuesdae's challenge are really super easy:
- Be a subbie
- Scrap about your passion(s) !! That is pretty much it LOL. You can make a 12X12 layout, 8.5X11, anything really.
- You can make a process video, send her the picture via email, post it on Instagram and then let her know.
- Multiple entries are welcome.
So now, which to choose for the challenge? I scrapped three layouts on NSD (two travel related and one of Chopin, my cat, when he was just a kitten) and posted them to our FB groups and said that I would choose one of those for Tuesdae's challenge and then one for Roni Sue Scrapper's challenge. So based on their comments, I have made a choice.
Here is the page I chose to submit for Tuesdae's challenge :
The story: Chopin's mother was heavily pregnant when she was rescued by my sister and BIL. She had a litter of 5 and the only "smoky" coloured one was Chopin. Within a few days he was the friendliest and cuddliest (is that a word?) of the bunch so my sister immediately said : "that's MO`s cat". Three months later he arrived! He was a little terror as a kitten, tearing around the place like nobody's business, climbing curtains and me, nibbling toes, pouncing on me in bed .... but he oh so cuddly and lovable as well. The day after he arrived, as he was on a running mission, I put some music on. I love Chopin. My cat ran straight to the sound system and stopped abruptly and just stared, was totally quiet for the duration of the piece and then climbed up on my lap for a nap. So Chopin he was named !
I used a lot of the scraps that were on my desk to create this layout; sometimes it is just more fun to use up those scraps than to tidy up, don't you think?.
- The background cardstock is Stampin' Up's Daffodil delight and the patterned paper is also from and SU collection.
- the for the layering and banners I used some SU scraps as well as at least two 6 X 6 paper pads : My Mind's Eye Indie Chic Saffron and Dear Lizzy Day Dreamer
- I fussy cut those doilies, so they would act as die cuts
- I used Amy Tangerine puffy stickers, flair from my Citrus Twist Kit and enamel dots from Basic Grey
- I inked all the edges with Tim Holtz Black Soot
So there you have it! Thanks so much Tuesdae for putting on such a fun challenge. Again, if you haven't seen any of Tuesdae's videos, run on over to her channel, you will have a great time. Thank-you all who have stuck with this post all the way to the end (I do go on don't I ? but you know I just love it all)
Have a great day and I will be back soon with my page for Roni Sue Scrapper's challenge