I got my first ever Scraptastic kit!!! Oh my, I was so excited and it seemed to take forever to get here LOL. It shipped out to me, from South Carolina, on the 1st of May and didn't actually make here until Wednesday. Since, I was at work, I had to wait until today to pick it up. I am really pleased with the contents. I had been on the fence for several months, trying to decide if I would subscribe to a kit club or not. It became clear about 3 months ago, after seeing Tracy Banks (Mercy Tiara on You Tube) and Nicole Jones use theirs that If I did subscribe to a kit, it would be Scraptastic. Then, quite a few of my other You Tube, and Facebook, friends also subscribed; and started making process videos with the kit. So I had to join the club (LOL, pun intented)!
For the first month, I got only the main kit :
and I am quite happy. It is a well balanced kit with lovely patterned paper and cardstock, and definitely enough embellishments (which often seems to be lacking in other kit clubs).
Right after joining Scraptastic, I put myself on a spending freeze, except for the kit, for at least 90 days. So, this afternoon, I went through my stash and added to the Daylight kit, to create my own kit for the next month. Here it is :
These are the supplies I added :
- Alphas : Studio Calico Essentials in blue and yellow, SN@P aqua, Amy Tangerine Thickers in Ocean and American Crafts Thickers in leaf
- 2 pieces of cardstock - vanilla and aqua and a couple of smaller scraps in pool and yellow. I added a few sheets of patterned paper - from Jillibean soup Chilled Cucumber Soup and another from Stampin' Up from the Sweater Weather collection (in crushed curry).
- Additional chipboard shapes from Studio Calico essentials in the blue, yellow and green (some cameras, stars and hearts)
- partial sticker sheets from the Jillibean Soup Chilled Cucumber Soup collection and from October Afternoon Woodland ParK
- I added additional wood veneer pieces from my stash - mainly some wood chip from my Citrus Twist PL kit.
- A small collection of buttons from SU in coordinating colours to the kit
- 4 washi tapes and two ribbon spools, also in coordinating colours
- Enamel dots and shapes from My Mind's Eye Milo, Basic Grey Basics, Freckled Fawn and Studio Calico